Skip to main content

Indian Bpo Industry Workers Exploited - A True Story

The BPO industry in India, has been mushrooming right since the decade begun, and even President Obama's frequent rants of cutting down on outsourcing has failed to put a dampener to this industry. Indian BPO industry, as per NASSCOM estimates, is bound to cross the $100 Billion mark by 2015. Small and big - BPOs are here to stay.

But they stay or they can stay only for one reason - Significant cost cuttings. People sitting in the United States of America can afford this, because they get the job done in quarter of the costs. Profits coming in both the pockets, so who is complaining?

That being said, lives of millions of call center workers who do the majority of leg-running suffer the most - And yes, I aint talking of financial lives. The personal lives of all these workers go for a big toss. Not to mention, the cavalier and the unprofessional manner they get treated by their supervisors.

My closest friend, who works for a leading software services provider that recently acquired the BPO arm of a leading bank has this to say

* My team leader gets 46 hours of productive work as opposed to 40 hours of mandated productive work. If I question him, he marks me down on his appraisal.
* My team leader doesn't give me any work feedback, yet when it comes to appraisals, I don't get top ratings. This despite the fact that I am the top performer of the team. When it comes to reasoning, I get the slimiest of all reasons from him. Worse still, his bias to some people in the team is apparent.
* My team leader asks me to plan my leaves four months in advance. How is it possible? What if someone in my home has met with a sudden exigency and I cannot come to work for a week or so? My Team Leader has a simple answer - I would put you on a PIP (Performance Improvement Plan) for attendance.
* My Team Leader insists I attend trainings on the 6th day of the week. Almost every training session, I have to attend after a grueling 10 hour shift. As a result, my body gets completely fatigued. And yes - I also have a family to answer.
* And so on and so forth'

If there are companies waiting to outsource their BPO work to India, please watch out - Most companies operate like sweatshops. They don't value people, and yes, they definitely don't value the sentiments of people. True - This is a cut-throat competition world, but does it require people to behave as if they are the megalomaniacal dictators?

Indian BPO workers are exploited for sure' You know why'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONEY?

The US twenty-dollar bill Money is any object that is generally accepted as

FaceBook Chat Emoticons

FaceBook Chat Emoticons Emoticons Shortcut Key Description :42: 42 Red Number FaceBook Chat Emoticon NEW!! O:) O:-) Angel FaceBook Chat Emoticon o.O O.o Confused FaceBook Chat Emoticon

Catering Equipment Supplies For Your Home-Based Catering Business

Whether you plan to put up a small or a large catering business, choosing the right catering equipment supplies can be very crucial as they contribute to the ease in food preparation and cooking and, of course, to the success of the business. There is a wide range of catering supplies that you can choose from. And before you decide to buy your own, it is important that you plan on what kind of catering business you plan to start up, what you will be cooking and preparing and the number of customers that you will cater to. Catering equipment supplies can be divided into three main categories: equipment for food storage, equipment for food preparation and equipment for